It can be a worry trying to keep little one cool if you're traveling to somewhere hot, or if the UK is struck with a heat wave (yeah right I hear you cry!)
Staying cool in the day:
- 1. Babies less than 6 months old should be kept out of direct sunlight in the heat.
- 2. Fill the paddling pool and let them cool off having a splash about.
- 3. Avoid the sun at the hottest part of the day.
- 4. If you do go out and about, make sure you're equipped with a parasol or sunshade that can attach to the pram or buggy.
Staying cool in the night:
- 1. Keep the blinds or curtains closed during the day to keep prevent the room from heating up.
- 2. Give baby a cool bath before bedtime to help them cool off.
- 3. If it's really hot keep bedclothes to a minimum.
- 4. Use a room thermometer the ideal temperature for you baby at night is between 16 and 20 Degrees Celsius.
If your looking for a summer bath/pool toy which is great for babies, why not try our bath bag! It is different to most bath toys as the items are weighted and so sink, this helps babies spatial awareness and hand eye co-ordination. Plus because they are solid, they don’t get any of those nasty black grimy mold that you get from traditional squirty bath toys. The bag is made of silicone too, so can go in the water and has holes to allow the water to drain.